These statements are based on the Committee on Publication Ethics' Guidelines for Journal Editors.
The executive editor and editor of Maine Policy Review are responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal are published. The editors will not consider race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors when evaluating manuscripts. For manuscripts submitted within the “article” category, the journal relies on reviewers to help make this decision.
Authors of articles based on original research should present an accurate account of the work performed along with a discussion of its significance. Fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements are unethical and unacceptable.
- All named authors must have significantly contributed to the research.
- By submitting an article for review, authors attest the article contains no plagiarism or fraudulent data.
- Articles must include acknowledgment of the work of others and contain a complete list of references with full bibliographic information.
- Authors must include an acknowledgment of any financial support.
- Unless otherwise discussed with the editor, authors must not submit manuscripts that have been published elsewhere or are under review elsewhere.
- Authors must notify the editors if a significant error in their paper is identified and cooperate with the editor to publish an erratum, addendum, or retraction as necessary.
- Reviewers must agree to submit their review promptly, usually within three to four weeks.
- Reviewers must treat all manuscripts as confidential documents and not share or otherwise make any use of the work before it is published.
- Reviewers should identify any relevant published work that is not cited in the article.
- Reviewers should be objective and avoid personal criticism of the author.
Peer review assists the editors in making editorial decisions and through the editorial communications with the author may also assist the author in improving the paper.