• Maine’s public universities degrees awarded 5,389 degrees during the 2008-09 academic year; a decrease of -221 over the previous year.
• Nearly 74% of degrees conferred are at the baccalaureate level; over 6% at the associate level; over 16% at the masters level; and nearly 3% at the doctorate level (including law).
• 70% of all degrees are conferred at UMaine and USM; 10% at UMA; 8% at UMF; nearly 6% at UMPI; 4% at UMFK; and 1.5% at UMM.
• Over 63% of degrees conferred are awarded to women and 37% to men. • The three most popular disciplines are education (1,060 degrees); health professions (796 degrees); and business and management (573 degrees).
• Over the past forty-one years the University of Maine System has conferred 183,047 degrees.
University of Maine, "ANNUAL REPORT ON DEGREES CONFERRED (2008/09)" (2009). General University of Maine Publications. 243.
publisher's version of the published document