Rights and Access Note
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. In addition, no permission is required from the rights-holder(s) for non-commercial uses. For other uses, you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s). For more information, contact Special Collections.
• Maine’s public universities degrees awarded 5,389 degrees during the 2008-09 academic year; a decrease of -221 over the previous year.
• Nearly 74% of degrees conferred are at the baccalaureate level; over 6% at the associate level; over 16% at the masters level; and nearly 3% at the doctorate level (including law).
• 70% of all degrees are conferred at UMaine and USM; 10% at UMA; 8% at UMF; nearly 6% at UMPI; 4% at UMFK; and 1.5% at UMM.
• Over 63% of degrees conferred are awarded to women and 37% to men. • The three most popular disciplines are education (1,060 degrees); health professions (796 degrees); and business and management (573 degrees).
• Over the past forty-one years the University of Maine System has conferred 183,047 degrees.
University of Maine, "ANNUAL REPORT ON DEGREES CONFERRED (2008/09)" (2009). General University of Maine Publications. 243.
publisher's version of the published document