The University of Maine Campus Planning Committee was revitalized in 2003 in response to a growing call for policies and procedures to protect environmental and cultural resources on campus.
Its mission is to:
- develop and maintain a campus master plan;
- develop and recommend policies regarding campus planning, site selection and design for new facilities, and maintenance and preservation of historic and natural resource on campus;
- incorporate environmental protection and accessibility accommodation issues into overall campus planning; and
- recommend policies for capital construction and renovation; and
- maintain a plan for the use of university facilities
The Committee worked with Sasaki Associates in 2008-2009 to develop a campus master plan (see the Campus Master Plan webpage), which it now utilizes to guide decision making.
University of Maine Campus Planning Committee, "Campus Planning Website" (2021). General University of Maine Publications. 1703.
publisher's version of the published document
Rights and Access Note
This item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. In addition, no permission is required from the rights-holder(s) for non-commercial uses. For other uses, you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s). For more information, contact Special Collections.