UMaine Artificial Intelligence Webinar
Introduction by University of Maine Vice President Ali Abedi and opening remarks by President Joan Ferrini-Mundy.
(4:00) Advances in Artificial Intelligence – Moderator: Terry Yoo, Associate Professor of Computer Science, UMaine
- (5:25) Roy Turner, Associate Professor of Computer Science, UMaine. Turner slides (PDF)
- (10:50) Salimeh Yasaei Sekeh, Assistant Professor of Computer Science, UMaine. Sekeh slides (PDF)
- (16:00) Carla Bradley, Dean of Khoury College of Computer Sciences, Northeastern University.
(32:00) Applications of AI in Business, Industry, Government, Healthcare and Environment – Moderator: Ali Abedi, Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Assistant Vice President for Research, UMaine. Abedi slides (PDF)
- (36:30) Kay Aikin, Co-founder of Introspective Systems. Aikin slides (PDF)
- (43:00) Sepideh Ghanavati, Assistant Professor of Computer Science, UMaine. Ghavanati slides (PDF)
- (47:30) Yonggang “Tim” Lu, Harold Alfond Associate Professor of Business Analytics, Maine Business School. Lu slides (PDF)
- (51:45) Auroop Ganguly, Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Director of the Sustainability and Data Science Laboratory, Northeastern University. Ganguly slides (PDF)
(1:02:00) Education and Workforce Development – Moderator: Penny Rheingans, Director of the School of Computing and Information Science, UMaine
- (1:03:00) Jason Judd, Executive Director of Educate Maine. Judd slides (PDF)
- (1:08:05) Penny Rheingans, Director of the School of Computing and Information Science, UMaine. Rheingans slides (PDF)
- (1:13:05) Sharmila Mukhopadhyay, Director of the Frontier Institute for Research in Sensor Technologies, UMaine. Mukhopadhyay slides (PDF)
- (1:18:00) Walter Rawle, Chair IEEE Maine Section. Rawle slides (PDF)
(1:29:30) Social, Ethical, Policy and Legal Considerations – Moderator: Shaleen Jain, Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, UMaine
- (1:32:30) Jim Isaak, Past President of IEEE Computer Society. Isaak slides (PDF)
- (1:39:27) Harlan Onsrud, Professor of Spatial Informatics, UMaine. Onsrud slides (PDF)
- (1:43:50) Peter Guffin, Co-Director of the Information Privacy Program, University of Maine School of Law. Guffin slides (PDF)
University of Maine Artificial Intelligence, "UMaine Artificial Intelligence Webinar" (2020). General University of Maine Publications. 1444.
publisher's version of the published document
Rights and Access Note
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. In addition, no permission is required from the rights-holder(s) for educational uses. For other uses, you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).