An image scanned from a color postcard depicting Avery Rock Light near Machias, Maine. Undated but postmarked 1911.
Avery Rock Light was constructed in 1875 on Avery Rock in Machias Bay. It was demolished in 1947 after storm damage.
Rights and Access Note
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions on publication. For information about the process and fees for obtaining higher resolution scans or another file format, contact Special Collections.
Requested credit line: Image courtesy of Special Collections, Raymond H.
Fogler Library, DigitalCommons@UMaine,
MS 420, Pottle Postcard Collection
Maine, Machias, Avery Rock Light, Machias Bay, lighthouses, coasts, islands, postcard