An image scanned from a black and white postcard depicting the main entrance to Fort Williams in Cape Elizabeth, Maine. Undated but postmarked 1920.
The fort was in operation from 1872 to 1964, when it was demolished and redeveloped into Fort Williams Park.
Rights and Access Note
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions on publication. For information about the process and fees for obtaining higher resolution scans or another file format, contact Special Collections.
Requested credit line: Image courtesy of Special Collections, Raymond H.
Fogler Library, DigitalCommons@UMaine,
MS 420, Pottle Postcard Collection
Maine, Cape Elizabeth, Fort Williams, forts, military, roads, postcard