An image scanned from a postcard of the Nubble, York Beach, Maine. No additional information is printed on the card, but the Nubble Lighthouse was built in 1879 after Congress approved it in 1874 due to many boating accidents. The Nubble Lighthouse is also known as "The Nubble," and the Cape Neddick Lighthouse. The postcard was not printed with a date, but someone has added in pencil in handwriting on the back, "July 27, 1908." Printed by the Hugh C. Leighton Company of Portland, Maine.
Rights and Access Note
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions on publication. For information about the process and fees for obtaining higher resolution scans or another file format, contact Special Collections.
Requested credit line: Image courtesy of Special Collections, Raymond H.
Fogler Library, DigitalCommons@UMaine,
Nubble Lighthouse, lighthouses, York Beach, Maine, postcard, York County