An image scanned from a postcard of the White Head Lighthouse in White Head, Maine. A group of people are standing at the top of the lighthouse overlooking the ocean. No additional information or date were printed on the postcard. Thomas Jefferson's signature authorized the construction of a small dwelling and a stone lighthouse in 1803 on Whitehead Island. This postcard was printed by the Hugh C. Leighton Company of Portland, Maine.
Rights and Access Note
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions on publication. For information about the process and fees for obtaining higher resolution scans or another file format, contact Special Collections.
Requested credit line: Image courtesy of Special Collections, Raymond H.
Fogler Library, DigitalCommons@UMaine,
White Head Light, Whitehead Light, Whitehead Island, Maine, lighthouses, postcard, Knox County