An image scanned of a postcard identified as the "new" library building on the campus of the University of Maine in Orono, Maine. The image shows the original dome on the building roof along with the building's prominent steps and columns. Although the card is not dated, it was probably printed shortly after the building's completion and dedication on November 2, 1906. Andrew Carnegie contributed $50,000 to the university for a library building in 1905.
Requested credit line: Image courtesy of Special Collections, Raymond H.
Fogler Library, DigitalCommons@UMaine,
libraries, University of Maine, dome, campus buidlings, Carnegie Hall, postcard, Penobscot County