An image scanned from a black and white photograph with a handwritten caption on the back that reads, "William J. Underwood, founder of the canned goods packing house of Wm Underwood Co. formed in 1852, incorporated in 1895." (Other sources report that the founder was actually Wiliam J. Underwood's father, William Underwood.) No date.
Rights and Access Note
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions on publication. For information about the process and fees for obtaining higher resolution scans or another file format, contact Special Collections.
Requested credit line: Image courtesy of Special Collections, Raymond H.
Fogler Library, DigitalCommons@UMaine,
MS 1134, William Underwood Co. photographs
fisheries, canneries, William Underwood Co., business, industry, Underwood family, Washington County, Maine