An image scanned from a black and white photograph with the caption, "Maine State College, looking North from Orono." Buildings visible include Oak Hall on the left, White Hall (later renamed Wingate and replaced with the modern Wingate when this wooden structure burned in 1890), Fernald Hall, Coburn Hall, and agricultural buildings. Stacks of sawed lumber appear in the foreground, on the Orono side of the Stillwater River.
Rights and Access Note
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions on publication. For information about the process and fees for obtaining higher resolution scans or another file format, contact Special Collections.
Requested credit line: Image courtesy of Special Collections, Raymond H.
Fogler Library, DigitalCommons@UMaine,
Views of Maine State College Photographed By Edmund E. Bond
Orono, Maine State College, University of Maine, Stillwater River, lumber industry, Penobscot County