An image scanned from a black and white postcard of the Town Hall building in Orono, Maine, circa 1930, a time when the town's Civil War statue had been in front of the building. At other points, the statue had been placed in Memorial Square, a local cemetery, and Webster Park.
According to Old Orono Oddments by A. Douglas Glanville, this was Orono's third town hall, built in 1904 and replaced in 1966 by the present Orono municipal building (p. 138).
Rights and Access Note
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions on publication. For information about the process and fees for obtaining higher resolution scans or another file format, contact Special Collections.
Requested credit line: Image courtesy of Special Collections, Raymond H.
Fogler Library, DigitalCommons@UMaine,
MS 248, Barbara Dunn Hitchner Papers
Orono, Maine, Penobscot County, municipal buildings, downtown, Civil War statue