An image scanned from a black and white photograph labeled "Ferry Hill", taken near the junction of Main and Mill Streets February 12, 1946. The image includes the steel bridge over the Stillwater River, an Orono landmark from 1916 until 1950. The back of the photograph is also stamped, "Maine State Highway Commission," and "Gift of Max L. Wilder, Bridge Engineer, Augusta, Maine."
Rights and Access Note
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions on publication. For information about the process and fees for obtaining higher resolution scans or another file format, contact Special Collections.
Requested credit line: Image courtesy of Special Collections, Raymond H.
Fogler Library, DigitalCommons@UMaine,
MS 248, Barbara Dunn Hitchner Papers
Orono, Maine, Penobscot County, downtowns, businesses, bridges