An image scanned from a color postcard depicting Lincoln Park in downtown Portland, Maine. Undated.
Created in 1866 following the Great Fire earlier that year which burned down most of the buildings of Portland, the two and a half acre park was named in honor of former President Abraham Lincoln. It is bounded by Congress, Pearl, Federal and Market streets.
Rights and Access Note
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions on publication. For information about the process and fees for obtaining higher resolution scans or another file format, contact Special Collections.
Requested credit line: Image courtesy of Special Collections, Raymond H.
Fogler Library, DigitalCommons@UMaine,
MS 420, Pottle Postcard Collection
Maine, Portland, Lincoln Park, parks, fountains, benches, downtowns, postcard