Melissa Waterman, Editor
Patrice McCarron, President
Antonia Pelletier, Programs and Development
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance
Landings content emphasizes science, history, resource sustainability, economic development, and human interest stories related to
Maine’s lobster industry. The newsletter emphasizes lobstering as a traditional, majority-European American lifeway with an economic and social heritage unique to the coast of Maine. The publication focuses how ongoing research to engage in sustainable, non-harmful, and non-wasteful commercial fishing practices benefit both the fishery and Maine's coastal legacy.
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) started publication of Landings, a 24-page newsletter in January 2013 as the successor of the Maine Lobstermen’s Association (MLA) Newsletter. As of 2022, the MLCA published over 6,500 copies of the monthly newsletter for distribution by mail to all of Maine’s commercial lobstermen, Maine state government agency staff, Maine Legislators, members of Maine's U.S. Congressional delegation, subscribers, and marine businesses.
For more information, please visit the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) website.
Headlines in this issue include:
- New Analysis Shows NOAA Must Look Beyond the Lobster Fishery to Protect Right Whales
- EPA Responds to Maine’s Concerns Over Tier 4 Engine Standards
- Aquaculture in Maine: Two Organizations Help Aquaculture Ventures Grow
- Lobstermen, DMR Turn Out for NMFS Whale Hearings
- Maine Lobstermen’s Association Update
- Maine Lobstermen’s Association Letter to NOAA
- Bait Poisoning Cam be Life-Threatening
- East, West Coast fishermen grapple with offshore wind
- Vineyard Wind Project Dealt Setback; BOEM to Look at Cumulative Impacts
- Ropeless Fishing Tests Frustrate Snow Crab Fishermen
- P.E.I. Company Tests New Bait with Fishermen
- Right Whales Remain Threatened in Canada Waters
- Puffins Thriving Offshore
- NMFS Proposes Control Rule for Lobster Fishery
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance, "Landings, vol. 27, no. 9" (2019). Landings: News & Views from Maine's Lobstering Community. 78.
This copy of Landings was harvested as an open-access publication from the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance website by Library Specialist Kimberly Sawtelle in 2022.
Landings is published monthly. It is provided for free to all Maine lobstermen thanks to the support of newsletter sponsors.
publisher's version of the published document
Rights and Access Note
This item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this item in any way that is permitted by the copyright. Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher.