Melissa Waterman, Editor
Patrice McCarron, President
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance
Landings content emphasizes science, history, resource sustainability, economic development, and human interest stories related to
Maine’s lobster industry. The newsletter emphasizes lobstering as a traditional, majority-European American lifeway with an economic and social heritage unique to the coast of Maine. The publication focuses how ongoing research to engage in sustainable, non-harmful, and non-wasteful commercial fishing practices benefit both the fishery and Maine's coastal legacy.
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) started publication of Landings, a 24-page newsletter in January 2013 as the successor of the Maine Lobstermen’s Association (MLA) Newsletter. As of 2022, the MLCA published over 6,500 copies of the monthly newsletter for distribution by mail to all of Maine’s commercial lobstermen, Maine state government agency staff, Maine Legislators, members of Maine's U.S. Congressional delegation, subscribers, and marine businesses.
For more information, please visit the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) website.
Headlines in this issue include:
- Maine Fishermen’s Forum Convenes, March 1-3
- New Approaches Benefit Maine’s Lobster Co-ops
- MLA President to Step Down After 27 Years
- Lots of activities underway in the Maritime provinces
- Maine’s Clean Marine Engine Program helps fishermen
- ASMFC Lobster Board seeks better data on lobster fishing
- Fishermen Wary of Offshore Wind Projects: Proposed projects in federal waters proliferate
- Maine Lobstermen’s Association Update
- Don’t Forget to Submit Your Paperwork for Health Insurance Coverage!
- Recently Published Study Proves Value of V-Notch and Oversize Rules
- New Director of Garfo Selected
- A Sea Squirt Invasion Hits Maine
- Groups Sue NMFS Over Right Whale Deaths
- Atlantic Link Sea Cable Not Moving Forward
- Sea Scallop Season Looking Good
- Monhegan Wind Project Contemplates New Cable Route
- Canada Issues New Whale Protection Rules for Snow Crab Fishery
- In Memoriam: Andy Mays
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance, "Landings, vol. 26, no. 2" (2018). Landings: News & Views from Maine's Lobstering Community. 59.
This copy of Landings was harvested as an open-access publication from the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance website by Library Specialist Kimberly Sawtelle in 2022.
Landings is published monthly. It is provided for free to all Maine lobstermen thanks to the support of newsletter sponsors.
publisher's version of the published document
Rights and Access Note
This item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this item in any way that is permitted by the copyright. Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher.