Melissa Waterman, Editor
Patrice McCarron, President
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance
Landings content emphasizes science, history, resource sustainability, economic development, and human interest stories related to
Maine’s lobster industry. The newsletter emphasizes lobstering as a traditional, majority-European American lifeway with an economic and social heritage unique to the coast of Maine. The publication focuses how ongoing research to engage in sustainable, non-harmful, and non-wasteful commercial fishing practices benefit both the fishery and Maine's coastal legacy.
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) started publication of Landings, a 24-page newsletter in January 2013 as the successor of the Maine Lobstermen’s Association (MLA) Newsletter. As of 2022, the MLCA published over 6,500 copies of the monthly newsletter for distribution by mail to all of Maine’s commercial lobstermen, Maine state government agency staff, Maine Legislators, members of Maine's U.S. Congressional delegation, subscribers, and marine businesses.
For more information, please visit the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) website.
Headlines in this issue include:
- What’s Going on with North Atlantic Right Whales?
- Lobster Law Enforcement Takes Center Stage
- Challenges ahead for Maine Marine Patrol
- E-commerce brings value to Maine lobster
- Maine Halibut Fishery Under Scrutiny
- Maine Lobstermen’s Association Update
- 2017 Herring Season is Set
- DMR Lobster Violations, March 1 through May 19
- DMR Violations, Administrative Suspensions March 1-May 19
- Health Insurance and You: Looking Ahead to 2018
- Corrupt kingpin should return all his groundfish licenses
- People of the Coast: Brian Smith, Fishing Vessel Safety Examiner
- Diversification is the key to success!
- What to Think About When You are Thinking about Eating
- New Director for Stonington Organization
- Inshore Cod Survey Continues in Southern Maine
- Robin Alden Wins Award
- Summer adventures on tap at Maine’s maritime museums
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance, "Landings, vol. 25, no. 6" (2017). Landings: News & Views from Maine's Lobstering Community. 51.
This copy of Landings was harvested as an open-access publication from the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance website by Library Specialist Kimberly Sawtelle in 2022.
Landings is published monthly. It is provided for free to all Maine lobstermen thanks to the support of newsletter sponsors.
publisher's version of the published document
Rights and Access Note
This item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this item in any way that is permitted by the copyright. Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher.