Melissa Waterman, Editor
Patrice McCarron, President
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance
Landings content emphasizes science, history, resource sustainability, economic development, and human interest stories related to
Maine’s lobster industry. The newsletter emphasizes lobstering as a traditional, majority-European American lifeway with an economic and social heritage unique to the coast of Maine. The publication focuses how ongoing research to engage in sustainable, non-harmful, and non-wasteful commercial fishing practices benefit both the fishery and Maine's coastal legacy.
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) started publication of Landings, a 24-page newsletter in January 2013 as the successor of the Maine Lobstermen’s Association (MLA) Newsletter. As of 2022, the MLCA published over 6,500 copies of the monthly newsletter for distribution by mail to all of Maine’s commercial lobstermen, Maine state government agency staff, Maine Legislators, members of Maine's U.S. Congressional delegation, subscribers, and marine businesses.
For more information, please visit the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) website.
Headlines in this issue include:
- Annual Maine Fishermen’s Forum Brings Fishing Communities Together
- What to do About Bait Supply?
- Coral Zone Measures Moving Fast
- Another Good Year for Maine Lobstermen
- Trump and lobsters
- When is enough enough?
- Maine Lobster Marketing Collaborative in action
- Maine Lobstermen’s Association Update
- Highlights of the MLA’s 63rd Annual Meeting
- Lobster Bills Progress Through Maine Legislature
- Lobster Flourishing, but for How Long?
- Need Health Care but Don't Have Insurance?
- Making Waves with Lobster Crackers
- But It’s Only a Little Puncture Wound!
- Federal Funds Available for Seafood Projects in Provinces
- Fishermen, Lobstermen Sue to Remove Marine National Monument
- China’s Appetite for U.S. Lobster Continues to Grow
- A Note from the North
- What might Maine’s lobster fishery look like in the future?
- The Maine Lobstermen’s Association Awards at the Fishermen’s Forum
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance, "Landings, vol. 25, no. 4" (2017). Landings: News & Views from Maine's Lobstering Community. 49.
This copy of Landings was harvested as an open-access publication from the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance website by Library Specialist Kimberly Sawtelle in 2022.
Landings is published monthly. It is provided for free to all Maine lobstermen thanks to the support of newsletter sponsors.
publisher's version of the published document
Rights and Access Note
This item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this item in any way that is permitted by the copyright. Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher.