Melissa Waterman, Editor
Patrice McCarron, President
Sarah Paquette, Executive Assistant
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance
Landings content emphasizes science, history, resource sustainability, economic development, and human interest stories related to
Maine’s lobster industry. The newsletter emphasizes lobstering as a traditional, majority-European American lifeway with an economic and social heritage unique to the coast of Maine. The publication focuses how ongoing research to engage in sustainable, non-harmful, and non-wasteful commercial fishing practices benefit both the fishery and Maine's coastal legacy.
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) started publication of Landings, a 24-page newsletter in January 2013 as the successor of the Maine Lobstermen’s Association (MLA) Newsletter. As of 2022, the MLCA published over 6,500 copies of the monthly newsletter for distribution by mail to all of Maine’s commercial lobstermen, Maine state government agency staff, Maine Legislators, members of Maine's U.S. Congressional delegation, subscribers, and marine businesses.
For more information, please visit the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) website.
Headlines in this issue include:
- Japan Visit Offers New View of Scallop Aquaculture
- Reflections on Winters Past
- DMR Moving Forward on Zone Transfer List
- Strong numbers reflect a good year for Maine Lobster
- The public wants to know the story of Maine lobstermen
- Right Whale Report Card 2016
- Maine Lobstermen’s Association Update
- Massive Brown Tail Moth Outbreak Expected in 2017
- Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission
- Enrolling in ACA Health Insurance is Easy
- Northeast Harbor Says “No” to Cruise Ships
- Uniform Double Tagging in the Works for 2017
- Lobstermen Charged with Fishing Too Many Traps, Others’ Tags
- Bay of Fundy Tidal Turbine Set in Place
- Lobster Trap Tree of Memories
- Regulators Expand Scallop Association
- New Northeast Fisheries Science Center Head Named
- Boats for Bikes Project Pedals Onward
- The Pride of Perkins Cove
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance, "Landings, vol. 24, no. 12" (2016). Landings: News & Views from Maine's Lobstering Community. 46.
This copy of Landings was harvested as an open-access publication from the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance website by Library Specialist Kimberly Sawtelle in 2022.
Landings is published monthly. It is provided for free to all Maine lobstermen thanks to the support of newsletter sponsors.
publisher's version of the published document
Rights and Access Note
This item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this item in any way that is permitted by the copyright. Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher.