Melissa Waterman, Editor
Patrice McCarron, President
Sarah Paquette, Executive Assistant
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance
Landings content emphasizes science, history, resource sustainability, economic development, and human interest stories related to
Maine’s lobster industry. The newsletter emphasizes lobstering as a traditional, majority-European American lifeway with an economic and social heritage unique to the coast of Maine. The publication focuses how ongoing research to engage in sustainable, non-harmful, and non-wasteful commercial fishing practices benefit both the fishery and Maine's coastal legacy.
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) started publication of Landings, a 24-page newsletter in January 2013 as the successor of the Maine Lobstermen’s Association (MLA) Newsletter. As of 2022, the MLCA published over 6,500 copies of the monthly newsletter for distribution by mail to all of Maine’s commercial lobstermen, Maine state government agency staff, Maine Legislators, members of Maine's U.S. Congressional delegation, subscribers, and marine businesses.
For more information, please visit the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) website.
Headlines in this issue include:
- To Sell a Lobster: The Tale of Three Maine Companies
- The Fish Everyone Wants
- Chefs love new-shell lobster!
- Many thanks to Maine's lobstermen
- From Lobsterman to Aquaculturist
- Regional plan can help government understand fishermen
- Maine Lobstermen’s Association Update
- Herring Regulations
- New England Fisheries Management Council
- NMFS Lobster Trap Transfer Program
- Proposed Coast Guard Regulations
- How to Calculate Your Income for Health Insurance
- Summer Means all Hands On Deck for Marine Patrol
- The deer tick--why do we care?
- A Cool Route for Maine Lobster
- New Life for an Old Wharf
- Great White Shark Population Rises Off Mass.
- New Way to Get Rid of Green Crabs
- Long-Ignored Whelks Become Valuable Species
- Thai Company Acquires New Brunswick Lobster Co.
- DMR Educator Receives Visionary Award
- To All Individuals on a Lobster License Waiting List
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance, "Landings, vol. 24, no. 8" (2016). Landings: News & Views from Maine's Lobstering Community. 42.
This copy of Landings was harvested as an open-access publication from the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance website by Library Specialist Kimberly Sawtelle in 2022.
Landings is published monthly. It is provided for free to all Maine lobstermen thanks to the support of newsletter sponsors.
publisher's version of the published document
Rights and Access Note
This item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this item in any way that is permitted by the copyright. Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher.