Melissa Waterman, Editor
Patrice McCarron, President
Sarah Paquette, Executive Assistant
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance
Landings content emphasizes science, history, resource sustainability, economic development, and human interest stories related to
Maine’s lobster industry. The newsletter emphasizes lobstering as a traditional, majority-European American lifeway with an economic and social heritage unique to the coast of Maine. The publication focuses how ongoing research to engage in sustainable, non-harmful, and non-wasteful commercial fishing practices benefit both the fishery and Maine's coastal legacy.
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) started publication of Landings, a 24-page newsletter in January 2013 as the successor of the Maine Lobstermen’s Association (MLA) Newsletter. As of 2022, the MLCA published over 6,500 copies of the monthly newsletter for distribution by mail to all of Maine’s commercial lobstermen, Maine state government agency staff, Maine Legislators, members of Maine's U.S. Congressional delegation, subscribers, and marine businesses.
For more information, please visit the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) website.
Headlines in this issue include:
- All Hail the Mighty Halibut!
- Ready for Whatever the Season May Bring
- Persistence, patience lead to results
- NEFMC May Herring Workshop Brings Out Conflicting Sectors
- Keep an eye out for sea turtles this season
- Maine Lobstermen’s Association Update
- New England Fishery Management Council (April 2016 Meeting)
- New Members are the MLA’s Lifeblood
- Maine’s Seafood Shacks are an Old Summertime Tradition
- Small Business Owners Can Offer Health Insurance Through SHOP
- Department of Marine Resources Adjudication Report, January 31-May 15, 2016
- Personal Flotation Devices that Work on Deck
- Migratory Sea Turtles an Ocean Marvel
- Northeast Ocean Plan Released, First in the Nation
- New Faces in Marine Patrol
- Watch Out for Whales
- Group Tests System to Record Groundfish Catch
- Gauge Change Angers Prince Edward Island Lobstermen
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance, "Landings, vol. 24, no. 6" (2016). Landings: News & Views from Maine's Lobstering Community. 40.
This copy of Landings was harvested as an open-access publication from the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance website by Library Specialist Kimberly Sawtelle in 2022.
Landings is published monthly. It is provided for free to all Maine lobstermen thanks to the support of newsletter sponsors.
publisher's version of the published document
Rights and Access Note
This item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this item in any way that is permitted by the copyright. Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher.