Melissa Waterman, Editor
Patrice McCarron, President
Sarah Paquette, Executive Assistant
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance
Landings content emphasizes science, history, resource sustainability, economic development, and human interest stories related to
Maine’s lobster industry. The newsletter emphasizes lobstering as a traditional, majority-European American lifeway with an economic and social heritage unique to the coast of Maine. The publication focuses how ongoing research to engage in sustainable, non-harmful, and non-wasteful commercial fishing practices benefit both the fishery and Maine's coastal legacy.
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) started publication of Landings, a 24-page newsletter in January 2013 as the successor of the Maine Lobstermen’s Association (MLA) Newsletter. As of 2022, the MLCA published over 6,500 copies of the monthly newsletter for distribution by mail to all of Maine’s commercial lobstermen, Maine state government agency staff, Maine Legislators, members of Maine's U.S. Congressional delegation, subscribers, and marine businesses.
For more information, please visit the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) website.
Headlines in this issue include:
- 40th Maine Fishermen’s Forum Focuses on Lobster
- Eastport Begins Breakwater Rebuild
- LePage says no to offshore drilling
- Kyle Molton Joins Stonington Organization
- New fishing vessel safety regulations on the way
- New Leaders in Maine’s Lobster Fishery: Genevieve McDonald, Stonington
- Federal Proposed Rulemaking on Whale Rules
- Alewife Harvesters of Maine Take Stock
- 2014 Menhaden Assessment Optimistic for Stock
- MLA Recognizes Two at Fishermen’s Forum
- Safety On Board Remains a Concern for Fishermen
- Maine Lobster Businesses Star at Seafood Expo
- Lobster Landings, Price Strong Throughout Coast
- Forecast Calls for Late Start to Lobster Season
- Promotion at Marine Patrol Bureau
- MSC Label Goes to Two More Businesses
- Results Coming in from Shrimp Sampling Program
- Lobster Boosts Maine Exports
- Maps Show Link Between Warmer Water, Lobster Habitat
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance, "Landings, vol. 23, no. 4" (2015). Landings: News & Views from Maine's Lobstering Community. 26.
This copy of Landings was harvested as an open-access publication from the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance website by Library Specialist Kimberly Sawtelle in 2022.
Landings is published monthly. It is provided for free to all Maine lobstermen thanks to the support of newsletter sponsors.
publisher's version of the published document
Rights and Access Note
This item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this item in any way that is permitted by the copyright. Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher.