Melissa Waterman, Editor
Patrice McCarron, President
Sarah Paquette, Executive Assistant
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance
Landings content emphasizes science, history, resource sustainability, economic development, and human interest stories related to
Maine’s lobster industry. The newsletter emphasizes lobstering as a traditional, majority-European American lifeway with an economic and social heritage unique to the coast of Maine. The publication focuses how ongoing research to engage in sustainable, non-harmful, and non-wasteful commercial fishing practices benefit both the fishery and Maine's coastal legacy.
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) started publication of Landings, a 24-page newsletter in January 2013 as the successor of the Maine Lobstermen’s Association (MLA) Newsletter. As of 2022, the MLCA published over 6,500 copies of the monthly newsletter for distribution by mail to all of Maine’s commercial lobstermen, Maine state government agency staff, Maine Legislators, members of Maine's U.S. Congressional delegation, subscribers, and marine businesses.
For more information, please visit the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) website.
Headlines in this issue include:
- Maine Fisheries Still Strong
- Yarmouth Finally Gets Harbor Dredged
- ’Tis the Season...for Lobster!
- Col. Joe Fessenden to Retire at Year’s End
- Cod Bycatch in Lobster Fishery Requires Further Study
- Maine Ports Still Strong in Landings
- Gary “Rid” Ridlon, Kennebunk
- Tom Judge, Life flight of Maine
- Automatic Information System — “Can you see me now?”
- Fair winds and following seas
- What You Need to Know about Health Insurance Enrollment in 2015
- The Lobstering Women of Vinalhaven
- Maine Dredge Team
- You’ve Been Slimed! The Strange and Slippery Hagfish
- DMR Lobster Violation Report, September-November, 2014
- Winter’s Here, It’s Time to Go Ice Fishing!
- Arundel Researcher Explores Machine for Green Crabs
- Deadline Set for Right Whale Critical Habitat Expansion
- Climate Change Affecting Seasons
- P.E.I. Lobster Achieves MSC Certification
- Beals Island Marine Institute Receives Grant
- DMR Commissioner Named Policy Follow
- Right Whale Report Card 2014
- First Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance Lobster Leadership Institute Held in 2014
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance, "Landings, vol. 22, no. 12" (2014). Landings: News & Views from Maine's Lobstering Community. 23.
This copy of Landings was harvested as an open-access publication from the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance website by Library Specialist Kimberly Sawtelle in 2022.
Landings is published monthly. It is provided for free to all Maine lobstermen thanks to the support of newsletter sponsors.
publisher's version of the published document
Rights and Access Note
This item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this item in any way that is permitted by the copyright. Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher.