Melissa Waterman, Editor
Patrice McCarron, President
Sarah Paquette, Executive Assistant
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance
Landings content emphasizes science, history, resource sustainability, economic development, and human interest stories related to
Maine’s lobster industry. The newsletter emphasizes lobstering as a traditional, majority-European American lifeway with an economic and social heritage unique to the coast of Maine. The publication focuses how ongoing research to engage in sustainable, non-harmful, and non-wasteful commercial fishing practices benefit both the fishery and Maine's coastal legacy.
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) started publication of Landings, a 24-page newsletter in January 2013 as the successor of the Maine Lobstermen’s Association (MLA) Newsletter. As of 2022, the MLCA published over 6,500 copies of the monthly newsletter for distribution by mail to all of Maine’s commercial lobstermen, Maine state government agency staff, Maine Legislators, members of Maine's U.S. Congressional delegation, subscribers, and marine businesses.
For more information, please visit the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) website.
Headlines in this issue include:
- Provincial Lobstermen, Governments Come Together
- Lobster Volume, Value Depend on Where You Live
- DMR Concludes Winter Meetings
- Capitalizing on changing Gulf of Maine
- More ways remain to buy health insurance
- All About Cormorants
- International Trade Agreements and Maine Lobster
- Carl Schwab, Port Clyde
- MLA Directors Meeting Summary
- The women of the Department of Marine Resources
- Late June Predicted for Start of Shedder Season
- The Business of Lobstering: Stay organized!
- Time to check those hoses
- The Maine Lobster Marketing Collaborative at Work
- DMR Workshop Highlights Challenges of Battling Green Crabs
- Elver Season Starts Smoothly
- Bigelow Laboratory Makes National Mark
- Pesticide Sampling in Marine Sediments to Begin
- Western Australia Sees Juvenile Lobsters Up
- Tales of the Past from Swan’s Island
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance, "Landings, vol. 22, no. 5" (2014). Landings: News & Views from Maine's Lobstering Community. 16.
This copy of Landings was harvested as an open-access publication from the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance website by Library Specialist Kimberly Sawtelle in 2022.
Landings is published monthly. It is provided for free to all Maine lobstermen thanks to the support of newsletter sponsors.
publisher's version of the published document
Rights and Access Note
This item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this item in any way that is permitted by the copyright. Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher.