Melissa Waterman, Editor
Patrice McCarron, President
Sarah Paquette, Executive Assistant
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance
Landings content emphasizes science, history, resource sustainability, economic development, and human interest stories related to
Maine’s lobster industry. The newsletter emphasizes lobstering as a traditional, majority-European American lifeway with an economic and social heritage unique to the coast of Maine. The publication focuses how ongoing research to engage in sustainable, non-harmful, and non-wasteful commercial fishing practices benefit both the fishery and Maine's coastal legacy.
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) started publication of Landings, a 24-page newsletter in January 2013 as the successor of the Maine Lobstermen’s Association (MLA) Newsletter. As of 2022, the MLCA published over 6,500 copies of the monthly newsletter for distribution by mail to all of Maine’s commercial lobstermen, Maine state government agency staff, Maine Legislators, members of Maine's U.S. Congressional delegation, subscribers, and marine businesses.
For more information, please visit the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance (MLCA) website.
Headlines in this issue include:
- Food Industry Expert to Assist New Lobster Marketing Collaborative
- MLPC Completes Lobster Brand Strategy
- TAA Program Comes to Successful Close
- Fishing Partnership Support Services Teams Up with MLA
- The time to enroll in a qualified health plan is now!
- Deafness no handicap for York man
- Why is dissolved oxygen important?
- Diane Cowan, Friendship Long Island
- MLA Submits Comments on Vertical Line Rules
- PETA Lobster Video "Another Publicity Stunt"
- MLA Directors Meeting Summary
- Lobster Advisory Council Meeting
- MLA Participates in Canadian Maritime Provinces Lobster Panel
- It’s V-Notch Survey Time!
- Different business structures being differently benefits
- Tselikis Bids Farewell to Maine Lobstermen, Joins Eliot Cutler Campaign
- MLA Testifies Before Legislative Advisory Panel
- Bait Update
- DMR Replacing Broken or Lost Trap Tags
- DMR Trawl Survey
- ASMFC Lobster Draft Addendum XXII Released for Public Comment
- Atlantic Menhaden Benchmark Stock Assessment Coming
- Some New C.G. Safety Requirements in Place
- The Bait Report
- Marine Patrol Officer Promoted
- 2013-2014 Shrimp Season Looks Grim
- Used Rope Goes to a Good Cause
- PETA Video Raises Tempers
Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance, "Landings, vol. 21, no. 10" (2013). Landings: News & Views from Maine's Lobstering Community. 10.
This copy of Landings was harvested as an open-access publication from the Maine Lobstermen’s Community Alliance website by Library Specialist Kimberly Sawtelle in 2022.
Landings is published monthly. It is provided for free to all Maine lobstermen thanks to the support of newsletter sponsors.
publisher's version of the published document
Rights and Access Note
This item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this item in any way that is permitted by the copyright. Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher.