Download Collection Finding Aid (70 KB)
The Maine State College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts was established in 1865. The College opened on September 21, 1868. In 1897, the College changed its name to the University of Maine. A group of miscellaneous records regarding the history of the University of Maine from its founding. Items appear to have been curated and compiled over time by Fogler Library Special Collections staff to document key events, figures, and milestones in the University's early history. Most material is from the end of the Nineteenth century through to the mid Twentieth century.
Size of Collection
Dates of Collection
1865-1990, bulk 1868-1971
UA RG 0001.002
Special Collections, Raymond H. Fogler Library, University of Maine, "Maine State College and University of Maine History Records, 1865-1990" (2019). Finding Aids. Number 463.