Download Collection Finding Aid (82 KB)
The University of Maine at Fort Kent was founded on February 21, 1878 as the Madawaska Training School under the supervision of Vetal Cyr. In 1955 the name was changed to Fort Kent Normal School. The name would change three more times, beginning in 1961 to become Fort Kent State Teachers College and then Fort Kent State College. The institution changed its name to the University of Maine at Fort Kent in 1970 and is part of the University of Maine System.
The records contain textual information created by the University of Maine at Fort Kent, including: copies of an academic plan for the University of Southern Maine, pilot plan for continuing development, and a report on the future of the Fort Kent State College.
Size of Collection
Dates of Collection
UA RG 0015.003
Special Collections, Raymond H. Fogler Library, University of Maine, "University of Maine at Fort Kent (University of Maine) Records, 1969-1983" (2018). Finding Aids. Number 407.