Download Collection Finding Aid (95 KB)
The School of Forest Resources at the University of Maine began in 1903 as the Department of Forestry in the College of Agriculture to offer practical work in forestry, but also a liberal education.
In 1935 the Wildlife Curriculum and Research Unit were added. In 1958 the Department was renamed the School of Forestry and in 1967 the name was changed to the School of Forest Resources. The College of Forest Resources was established in 1982. In 1993 it became part of the College of Natural Resources, Forestry and Agriculture.
The records contain textual information created and curated by the University of Maine School of Forest Resources.
Education, Forestry, Nature and Geography
Size of Collection
5 boxes (5 linear feet)
Dates of Collection
UA RG 0006.007.010
Special Collections, Raymond H. Fogler Library, University of Maine, "School of Forest Resources (University Of Maine) Records, 1904-1992" (2018). Finding Aids. Number 396.