Download Collection Finding Aid (83 KB)
The material in this record group relates mostly to the construction of the new zoology building on the University of Maine campus in 1966. The building was named Murray Hall in honor of former professor of zoology and Dean of College of Arts and Sciences Joseph M. Murray (1937-1941). Architects used to design the building were Wadsworth, Boston, Dimick, Mercer & Weatherill. At the time of the construction Kenneth W. Allen was department chair (1963-1973), Allen would later be appointed acting University of Maine president (1979-1980). While degrees in zoology are still offered by the University of Maine's Department of Biology and Ecology, the separate zoology department closed in 1990.
Education, Science and Technology
Size of Collection
Dates of Collection
UA RG 0006.007.007
Special Collections, Raymond H. Fogler Library, University of Maine, "Department of Zoology (University of Maine) Records, 1956-1967" (2017). Finding Aids. Number 362.