Download Collection Finding Aid (206 KB)
The University of Maine was founded in 1865 as the State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts; in 1897 it became the University of Maine. The board of trustees for the State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts met for the first time in Augusta on April 25, 1865. The board contained 16 members representing the counties of the state.
The collection contains textual information particularly meeting agendas, minutes, reports, notes, and supporting material from various University of Maine Board of Trustee committees (both standing and ad-hoc committees), various biographical information related to individual University of Maine trustees, chairs, sectaries, and clerks, various files on subjects under consideration by the Board, and the corporate records of the Board of Trustees.
Size of Collection
Dates of Collection
1862 - 2000
UA RG 0002.002
Special Collections, Raymond H. Fogler Library, University of Maine and Revitt, Matthew, "Board Of Trustees (University of Maine System), 1862 - 2000" (2016). Finding Aids. Number 295.