Download Full Text (5.3 MB)
Proceedings from a conference on the future of agriculture in New England and Atlantic Canada. Major topics covered include the following:
- The Crisis and Opportunity of Northeast Agriculture - Frederick H. Buttel
- The Farm Crisis as a Time to Choose: Necessity and Opportunity -David Vail
- Preconditions for a Northeastern Agricultural Sunrise - Bruce L. Gardner
- Creating a Competitive Advantage - Stewart N. Smith
- The Sun Also Rises: A New Era of Agriculture in the Northeast - August Schumacher, Jr.
- New England Farm Strategies for Survival and Prosperity - Patrick Madden and Anastra Madden
- Diversification and Agricultural Sustainability - Stuart B. Hill
Maine Agricultural Experiment Station
sustainable agriculture, Maine, New England, Atlantic Canada
Vail, D. (editor). 1987. Sunrise agriculture in the Northeast: Foundations of a sustainable agriculture for the twenty-first century: Proceedings of an international conference. Maine Agricultural Experiment Station Miscellaneous Publication 694.