Download Full Text (5.3 MB)
Proceedings from a conference on the future of agriculture in New England and Atlantic Canada. Major topics covered include the following:
- The Crisis and Opportunity of Northeast Agriculture - Frederick H. Buttel
- The Farm Crisis as a Time to Choose: Necessity and Opportunity -David Vail
- Preconditions for a Northeastern Agricultural Sunrise - Bruce L. Gardner
- Creating a Competitive Advantage - Stewart N. Smith
- The Sun Also Rises: A New Era of Agriculture in the Northeast - August Schumacher, Jr.
- New England Farm Strategies for Survival and Prosperity - Patrick Madden and Anastra Madden
- Diversification and Agricultural Sustainability - Stuart B. Hill
Rights and Access Note
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions on publication.
Maine Agricultural Experiment Station
sustainable agriculture, Maine, New England, Atlantic Canada
Vail, D. (editor). 1987. Sunrise agriculture in the Northeast: Foundations of a sustainable agriculture for the twenty-first century: Proceedings of an international conference. Maine Agricultural Experiment Station Miscellaneous Publication 694.