An image scanned from a color postcard depicting Negro Island and Bald Bald Rock near Camden, Maine. Undated.
Negro Island has been known as Curtis island since 1934, when it was renamed in honor of Cyrus H. K. Curtis, publisher of the Saturday Evening Post and a long time resident and benefactor of Camden.
The lighthouse in on the island is Curtis Island Light, which was constructed in 1896 and is still in operation since being automated in 1972.
Ms 420, Pottle Postcard Collection
Maine, Camden, Negro Island, Curtis Island, Bald Rock, Camden Harbor, Penobscot Bay, Curtis Island Light, islands, light houses, postcard