Download Collection Finding Aid (96 KB)
The University of Maine first established an active development fund in 1959. Its efforts were directed by the University of Maine Development Council (which later became the President's Development Council). Funds raised by the Development Office were used for a range of activities including: library facilities, student financial aid, scholarships, graduate fellowships, chair and professorships, construction projects, and teaching equipment.
Effective July 1, 2016, the University of Maine Development Office closed with funding raising operations unified with a partnership with the University of Maine Foundation.
The records mainly contain textual information on a range of subjects compiled by the Office of University Development, including promotional material for various funding raising campaigns, events, and projects and publications regarding the work of other University of Maine departments which development funds helped support. The records also include lists of donors to the University of Maine and details of their donations.
Size of Collection
Dates of Collection
1977-2015, bulk 2000-2015
UA RG 0014.001
Special Collections, Raymond H. Fogler Library, University of Maine, "Office of University Development (University of Maine) Records, 1977-2015" (2017). Finding Aids. Number 346.